•The most expensive wine sold ever, Chateau d'Yquem, 200 years old, reached the price of 90,000 $! The buyer is a private American collector to whom this excquisite wine from 1787, delivered by the private plane. Justifying an incredibly high price, director of the firm ‘Stephen Williams’, the owner of this wine, explained that the grapes for this Yquem, were picked while
George Washington was president of the USA, James Watt improved steam engine and the head of Marie Antoinette was still standing firmly on her shoulders . 'Morate imati na umu da je uz takvu bocu vezana poprilična nostalgija', komentarisao je Williams.
• Well known people have their wine! Madona launched two own wine brands with the labels, as you guess, her own image. Among famous producers of not so popular wines are: Alain Delon, Gerard Depardieu, Francis Ford Coppola and the latest among wine makers-Brad Pitt.
•The first champagne was made by the French monk Dom Perignon in the 17th century in the French region Champagne after which this extraordinary wine took its name. Tasting his innovation, the first sentence of Dom Perignon that he said, will be remembered:"People,I drink stars!”
• Have you known that about 75% of what you want to learn about wine is in your nose?
•The grapevine grows very hard in Japan, so Japanese made the wine of the mandarines having almost the same taste as that made of grapes?
• There are about 8 million ha of vineyards in the world and the grapes have the primacy in it over all fruit.
• There are about 10.000 grape varieties.
• An open bottle of wine in the refrigerator lasts 6 to 16 times longer (without being oxidized) than at the room temeperature.
• There are about 400 oak types in the world, of which only 20 have been used in the cooperage. For the production of a good quality barrel, it is used only about 5% of the whole oak tree.
• The Americans have calculated that the grapes used for making a bottle of wine of 20 dollars costs about 2,64 dollars.
• In order to avoid foaming over the glass while pouring: first pour a small quantity (which will be still fast), and pour the residue into that quantity-then it will not foam.
• Old wine will never get sour and become vinegar. Oxidation spoils it.
• In Egypt, during the reign of pharaoh Tutankamon (cc. 1300 BC), "common people" consumed only beer-wine was only for high class.
•When viking Leif Ericson anchored in North America in 1001, he was so impressed by the fertility of the grapevines that he gave it the name Wineland.
about_us | about_us-activites-grapevine_scions | about_us-activites-wine_making | about_us-activities | about_us-activities-fish_pond | about_us-activities-peach_plantation | about_us-activities-retail_trade | about_us-activities-viticulture | about_us-awards | about_us-board_of_directors | about_us-corporate_movie | about_us-director_says | about_us-history | about_us-management | about_us-mission | about_us-restaurants | achievement-cemovsko_polje | awards-2000 | awards-2001 | awards-2002 | awards-2003 | awards-2004 | awards-2005 | awards-2006 | awards-2007 | awards-2008 | awards-2009 | awards-2010 | awards-2011 | awards-2012 | awards-2013 | awards-start | Cabernet-technical_properties | calendar | cemovsko_polje | chardonnay barik-packages | Chardonnay_Pro_Anima | Chardonnay_Pro_Anima_awards | Chardonnay_Pro_Anima_technical_properties | Charrdonay_Barrique-technical_properties | Charrdoney_Barik | Charrdoney_Barik_awards | contact | Crnogorska_Lozova_Rakija | Crnogorska_Lozova_Rakija_awards | Crnogorska_Oka | Crnogorska_Oka-packages | Crnogorska_Oka-technical_properties | Crnogorski_Cabernet | Crnogorski_Cabernet-packages | Crnogorski_Cabernet_awards | Crnogorski_Chardonnay-packages | Crnogorski_Charrdoney | Crnogorski_Charrdoney_awards | Crnogorski_Krstac | Crnogorski_Krstac-packages | Crnogorski_Krstac-techical_properties | Crnogorski_Krstac_awards | Crnogorski_Merlot | Crnogorski_Merlot_awards | Crnogorski_Prvijenac | Crnogorski_Prvijenac-packages | Crnogorski_Prvijenac_awards | Crnogorski_Sauvignon | Crnogorski_Sauvignon-Tenicke_osobine | Crnogorski_Sauvignon_awards | Crnogorski_Sharrdoney-techical_properties | Crnogorski_Val | Crnogorski_Val-packages | Crnogorski_Val-techical_properties | Crnogorski_Val_awards | did_you_know | diskont01 | diskont02 | from_agrokombinat_to_plantaze | gallery | gallery-cellars | gallery-pressclipping | gallery-vineyard | gallery-wine_routes | home | index_page | interesting_wine_facts | intro | introduction_of_the_quality | Jezero | Kruna | Kruna-packages | Kruna_awards | links | ljesko_polje | Mareza | Medun | Medun-tehnicke_karakteristike | Merlot-technical_properties | Montenegrin_Rose | Montenegrin_Rose-awards | montenegro | Montenegro_Rose-tehnical_propertis | online_application | order_form | our_wines_and_brandies | Perla_Nera | Perla_Nera-Tehnicike_osobine | Perla_Nera_awards | plantaze_today | pocetna2 | Podgoricko_Bijelo | Podgoricko_Bijelo-techical_properties | Podgoricko_Bijelo_awards | Premijer | premijer-packages | Premijer-technical_properties | routes | Sasso_Negro | Sasso_Negro-techical_properties | Sasso_Negro_awards | shop | sipcanik | sipcanik-film | site_map | specialties | tenderi | terroir | vijesti | vineyard | vineyard_and_cellars | visit_us | Vranac | Vranac-packages | Vranac-technical_properties | Vranac_awards | Vranac_Barik | Vranac_Barik-packages | Vranac_Barik_awards | Vranac_Barrique-techical_properties | Vranac_Pro_Corde | Vranac_Pro_Corde-packages | Vranac_Pro_Corde-techical_properties | Vranac_Pro_Corde_awards | Vranac_Reserve | Vranac_Reserve-packages | Vranac_Reserve-techical_properties | Vranac_Reserve_awards | WineShop | wines_to_be_ready | wine_and_food | wine_and_health | wine_bon_ton | wine_club | wine_in_legends | wine_route | wine_serving |